GREEN DRAIN™ FAQ
GREEN DRAIN™ lets water rinse the membrane and has no “labyrinth” opposite to normal trap seals that collects dirt, hair and grease.
GREEN DRAIN™ seals 100% and closes for odours and prevents pests and harmful gases from entering the building.
GREEN DRAIN™ can be installed in almost all types of floor drains. In new buildings as well as older buildings. Private houses as well as industrial use with only small limitation. Examples of common places:
- Office buildings
- Public buildings
- Technical rooms and other “hot” rooms
- Unused showers and changing rooms in gyms
- Holiday homes and allotment sheds
GREEN DRAIN™ replaces a traditional trap seal contributing numerous advantages:
- Improves indoor air quality due to no sewer smell and gases
- Prevents waste water penetration
- Office buildings
- Self-cleaning and does not block the water flow
- No dry water seals and resists vacuum in the drainage system
GREEN DRAIN™ is NOT a traditional water trap and the fact that it does not contain water it is still possible to install in combination with a P-trap.
GREEN DRAIN™ contains no water and functions perfectly both horizontally and vertically.
GREEN DRAIN™ come in 5 different sizes which each are flexible and cover different measures as shown below. GREEN DRAIN™ fits in almost all floor drains with diameters according to following intervals:
GREEN DRAIN™ can be installed without the use of tools after the grating has been removed. Just push the GREEN DRAIN™ into the pipe and make sure it fits.
GREEN DRAIN™ has been approved or tested by following institutions – among others:
- Technological Institute – DS/EN 1253-1
- ETA Denmark – VA approval
- ICC IPC – via ASSE Standard 1072
GREEN DRAIN™ water-free membrane drain trap seal consists of a UV resistant ABS plastic frame, a silicone rubber sealant and four flexible sealing flanges for easy installation and perfect fit.