GREEN DRAIN™ FAQ
GREEN DRAIN™ lets water rinse the membrane and has no “labyrinth” opposite to normal trap seals that collects dirt, hair and grease.
GREEN DRAIN™ seals 100% and closes for odours and prevents pests and harmful gases from entering the building.
GREEN DRAIN™ can be installed in almost all types of floor drains. In new buildings as well as older buildings. Private houses as well as industrial use with only small limitation. Examples of common places:
- Office buildings
- Public buildings
- Technical rooms and other “hot” rooms
- Unused showers and changing rooms in gyms
- Holiday homes and allotment sheds
GREEN DRAIN™ replaces a traditional trap seal contributing numerous advantages:
- Improves indoor air quality due to no sewer smell and gases
- Prevents waste water penetration
- Self-cleaning and does not block the water flow
- No dry water seals and resists vacuum in the drainage system
GREEN DRAIN™ is NOT a traditional water trap and the fact that it does not contain water it is still possible to install in combination with a P-trap.
GREEN DRAIN™ contains no water and functions perfectly both horizontally and vertically.
GREEN DRAIN™ come in 5 different sizes which each are flexible and cover different measures as shown below. GREEN DRAIN™ fits in almost all floor drains with diameters according to following intervals:
GREEN DRAIN™ can be installed without the use of tools after the grating has been removed. Just push the GREEN DRAIN™ into the pipe and make sure it fits.
GREEN DRAIN™ has been approved or tested by following institutions – among others:
- International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO R&T LAB) No.: 24772
- American Society of Sanitary Engineering (ASSE) Standard 1072-2007, Performance Requirements for Barrier Type Floor Drain Trap Seal Protection Devices
- CSA B79-2008 (R13), Floor, Area and Shower Drains, and Cleanouts for Residential Construction
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) Food Zone Classification: SSZ
- HACCP based Food Safety Programme GLOBAL Certificate Number: I-PE-891-GRE-RG-01
- European Technical Assessment (ETA)- 18/0536
- Danmark A/S- VA Approval 2.47/20696
- Technological Institute- DS/EN 1253-1
- European Assessment Document (EAD) no. EAD 180020-00-0704 for Waterless Odour Trap for Floor Drains.
- Danish Technological Institute (DTI) PN-713952
- IAPMO R&T OCEANA (Certificate of Certification No.: IAPMO-WM-022837-I01-R00)
- WATERMARK License No.: WM-022837
- JAS-ANZ (Evaluated to: WMTS-522:2018) Barrier Type Floor Drain Trap Seal Protection Devices
- Tokyo Metropolitan Industrial Technology Research Institute
- State of Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA)
- MI Certificate of Acceptability Product Approval- 1657-PA
- Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services Product File No: 20170008
In compliance with the following codes:
- 2018, 2015, 2012, 2009 and 2006 Uniform Plumbing Code(r) (UPC)
- 2018, 2015, 2012, 2009 and 2006 International Plumbing Code(r) (IPC)
- 2018, 2015, 2012, 2009 and 2006 International Residential Code(r) (IRC)
- 2015, 2010 and 2005 National Plumbing Code of Canada(r) (NPC)
- Wisconsin Administrative Code- SPS 382-384 and Chapters 145 and 160 Wisconsin Statutes
GREEN DRAIN™ water-free membrane drain trap seal consists of a UV resistant ABS plastic frame, a silicone rubber sealant and four flexible sealing flanges for easy installation and perfect fit.